Fort Connah National Historical Site was a Hudson's Bay Company Trading Post established in 1846. It is located in the Mission Valley of western Montana, within the boundaries of the Flathead Indian Reservation.
The nearest town is St. Ignatius, home of the more famous mission.
There were originally three wooden structures on the site. The last remaining structure is thought to be the oldest building in Montana.Hudson Bay Company by the U.S. federal government for $50,000 in order to eliminate British commercial interests in United States territories.
(Click on photos to open large size views.)The photos are from Travel Montana. This is a link to the Fort Connah page on that site.